Jessica and I experienced our first significant earthquake together yesterday, it was horrifying. It registered 6.1 on the scale and shook me in the shower. But again we are thankful that we were not in any real danger. But please God....let us come home now.
Jessica continues to grow up so quickly it is scarey - where is our baby?? Today she managed to chomp on a chicken drumstick - quite a feat for a little lady without a single tooth. It was my proud mother moment of the day:


Here are some photographs of Jessica with a few of her new friends - in order we have the Hughes bunch (our neighbors), Jessica with Mackinley, Jessica with Reagan, and Jessica and Maria hugging (helped along by Auntie Debbie & Mummy)!




Jess and I are off to Guatemala City tomorrow to try and expedite the processing of our new birth certificate. Then in the afternoon we are going to meet Daddy who arrives for a 5 day stay - YIPPEEE! On Thursday we are hoping to go to the Montericco to stay near the ocean for a few days (so I can try out my new bikini that Daddy is bringing for me - and work on my tan!).
More to come in a few days.
xxx




4 comments:
Sweet, beautiful girl! She's in all her glory. She's lucky to have so many friends who laugh and dote on her.
I just love that gorgeous gummy smile and chunky cheeks. We will definitely show the boyfriends in (hopefully) many, many years.
Love,
Auntie Amanda
Good to see pictures, sorry you've been sick, I've had the flu myself. We look forward to hearing soon the Jessica is coming home! Keep us posted.
Becky T.
Hey Lorraine!
Would you please e-mail me? I would love to ask you some questions about fostering. Thank you so much!
My e-mail is beth.embry@mcconline.org.
Thank you so much!!
Beth Embry
Your CCI family
Hi! I just refound your blog!
It was so nice to hang out with you and Jessica at the apartments. We had a great time staying there (with Meghan and her 4 kids), and you made Isabella and I feel very welcome- so thank you!
What's the latest with you and Jessica?
XO,
Stacy and Isabella
Post a Comment